Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blog 6/7/12

One of the stories that had caught my attention from the fiction packet was the story called "Internal" by Brain Evensan. I personally founds it interesting and at the same time confusing because of all of the ways someone can look at this story. One of the things that I saw was characters development in some of the characters such as the intern for example Another thing that caught my eye was the title itself and how it seemed to almost tell exactly what was going to happen in the story itself.

The character development that particularly caught my eye was the development of the intern as the story progressed. As a character the intern started out like most anyone that is grateful to have someone to have just employed them. He seemed really naive about his boss to begin with. As the story progressed I noticed that the intern became more paranoid and slowly seeped into the state of insanity. It made me realize that the title was based off of one's internal mind.

The writing style of the fiction story seemed to go from being a normal story with a normal structure to having the feeling of a bit more insane. One thing that I noticed was that the paragraphs went from being long and substantial to being shorter, more numerous and and sporadic. Also in the story there is a good amount of symbolism. One such thing is the part of the story where the narrator was talking about how they feel like a trapped bat/moth looking for their heart. She mentions how that bat/moth dies while trying to find their heart. To me this tells me that the narrator feels like she is trapped in her own emotions and feels as though it is killing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment