Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blog 6/21/12

The book 'Fluorescence' to me was a fairly interesting in that it was not like the other poem book we read 'City Eclogue'. To me Jennifer Dick's poems were a tad bit hard to understand, but then again so were the poems in 'City Eclogue', actually more so for 'City Eclogue'. I typically had to reread many of the poems since I barely knew what they were about on the first read through. The author of the poem did a good job with their imagery in the poem helping me to visualize her material in the poems.

The poem that I looked at was titled 'Trace3' which just happened to be the very first piece of writing that the book contained. To me 'Trace3' felt a lot like a sort of prologue for the rest of the book because of where it was in the book. The poem to me seemed a bit like a stand alone piece too as the rest of the stories seemed to try and distract you from what 'Trace3' said. The amount of subtly that the poem takes with its plot is so good that it takes multiple read throughs to fully understand the plot.

My process of writing a poem which is quite a bit simpler then how Jennifer Dick writes her poems. This process makes a tad bit harder for m to connect with how her writing style goes since I lack the subtly she uses in her poems. Most of the poems that she wrote are subtle showing me that she is a writer who prefers to take the subtle approach.

2 comments:

  1. good responses, say more specifically, 18/20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Really I am surprised about this post.Thank You very much.Makr David.

    ReplyDelete