Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My attempts to review poems

This will be my first attempt to review poems from the book 'City Eclogue' by Ed Roberson and the poems I am reviewing are 'Place Lit By a Window' and 'Beauty's Standing'

Place Lit By a Window

This for me was one of the less confusing poems but was still quite confusing for me honestly. The poem I believe was comparing a city to the inside of a home calling a home it's own city and that the window that shows a city paints a potrait of everyday life outside in the city. I believe it was also comparing how people are like cells in the body of the city too. I still had issues with the strange spacing in this because for me it was like most of his poems but just a little less extreme in it's issues. Overall it was still very hard for me to tell what was happening in the entire then really.

Beauty's Standing

The Poem itself was like most poems in this book confusing but for me was least confusing. The author starts out with starting talking about basically what I got the image of was a sort of lecture hall or a class room and the teacher themselves being lonely. The author in the poem also uses some rather crude language in swear words as he goes on about the poem. The spacing once more comes in as an issues for me simply in that it makes the poem confusing for me and harder to sit down and read.

1 comment: